EndFIP®: MISSION, VISION, AND GOAL.
The single best way to prevent Feline Infectious Peritonitis is to prevent your cat from ever becoming infected with feline coronavirus.
- Bring a permanent end to Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP).
- End FIP by educating, informing and inspiring people to create lasting solutions to prevent feline coronavirus (FCoV) infection in multi-cat environments, such as breeding and rescue catteries.
- Feline coronavirus (FCoV) is the virus that causes Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP). We want to impart worldwide awareness and understanding of FCoV and respect for the seriousness of the FCoV infection.
- We intend to encourage and work with others to harness the power of human ingenuity to solve the FIP problem through research and action focused on preventing cats from becoming infected with feline coronavirus (FCoV). We will explore effective means to eradicate FCoV.
- We intend to promote kindness to animals and mobilize people and resources towards ethical and humanely conducted research.
- We believe that FIP research can be successful without the use of laboratory cats, and unconditionally oppose any research that leads to the loss of life through intentional infection and unnecessary and painful experimentation.
- We will commit our time, our experience and our passion to this vision and to support those touched and forever changed by FIP.
- By 2023, EndFIP® and its partners will have disseminated knowledge to prevent cats worldwide from ever getting infected with feline coronavirus (FCoV) and will support and steward funding towards research focused on improving the methods for diagnosing FIP, refining current diagnostic techniques and treatments, and raising awareness of research advances among those in the veterinary field.
To accomplish these goals, EndFIP® will galvanize action from our global community to:
- Support cruelty-free research that aims to refine current techniques for FIP diagnosis and to minimize environmental contamination by FCoV.
- Grow the movement of leaders working towards transforming how the pet guardians, breeders, rescue groups, veterinary practitioners, and institutions understand and deal with feline coronavirus (FCoV) and Feline Infectious Peritonitis.
- Mobilize people worldwide to act in support of FCoV awareness and eradication efforts.
- Make the public aware that if they buy an FCoV-infected purebred kitten, that kitten has a 10% chance of dying of FIP within weeks of purchase.
- Inform cat breeders worldwide how to prevent FCoV infection of kittens.
- Ensure that the value of quality of life is reflected in decisions made by both pet guardians and those in the veterinary field whilst tackling a possible FIP diagnoses.
- Protect those cats sick with Feline Infectious Peritonitis from unnecessary procedures and treatments by furthering education and providing support to pet guardians trying to come to terms with the diagnoses and dreaded outcome.
- To inspire hope and work in partnership to help alleviate the human suffering and deep grieving caused by FIP.
DISCLAIMER: The use of this website is at your own risk. This website is for information purposes ONLY, and it is NOT meant to replace a consultation with a fully qualified veterinary surgeon (veterinarian). It is NOT intended to be used to diagnose or treat any cat. The creators share their personal experiences, recommendations of treatments, foods, medications, supplements, and products for informative and educational purposes exclusively. The information in this site cannot and should not be used as a basis for diagnosis or choice of treatment. Creators and contributors exclude all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of use of this site or reliance upon its contents. Furthermore, creators and contributors strongly advise all users to always seek the advice of a qualified veterinarian and to obtain professional advice on the correct regimen for your cat and his or her particular situation. NO responsibility can be accepted.